Pro Bono Service is Just One Click Away: Mass Legal Answers Online
Are you looking for a meaningful pro bono opportunity that fits your schedule and taps your expertise? Look no further than Mass Legal Answers Online!
What is it?
Mass Legal Answers Online is a virtual legal advice clinic that is part of the American Bar Association’s Free Legal Answers project. It’s a secure website where low-income Massachusetts residents post their civil legal questions and volunteer attorneys answer them, all through the same website. It launched in Massachusetts on November 16, 2016.
How does it work?
- You can choose the questions you want to answer–at any time, and from any location that works for you.
- It’s a limited scope service–the clients know in advance that your assistance is restricted to answering their civil legal question, and that you will not go to court with them or prepare any paperwork.
- There is no required time commitment, although we encourage you to answer at least one question a month.
- It’s open to all attorneys in good standing who are licensed to practice law in Massachusetts, or registered for pro bono status with the Board of Bar Overseers, including in house counsel and retired attorneys
- Malpractice coverage is provided to volunteer attorneys for legal guidance provided through the website.
How can I join?
It’s simple! Register as a volunteer at www.masslao.org.
For more information, email info@masslao,org, or see our intro video and Frequently Asked Questions on www.masslao.org